Design Engineer - Suspension
- Design and develop new suspension products, from 3D modeling through drawing creation and production implementation.
- Design activities include solid application of engineering science principles, SRAM engineering practices, and effective teamwork to develop high quality, robust products that meets goals required by SRAM customers.
- Ability to conceptualize designs, create detailed drawings and implement the designs into Asian factories while optimizing design for manufacturability.
- Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate problem-resolution when necessary.
- Actively work with project teams to solve or improve product issues. Generally support new product development activities for the suspension engineering team that this position is assigned to work with.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience designing bicycle components or consumer products. Suspension systems and/or component design experience strongly desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of bicycle mechanics and design, and a passion for bicycles.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.