Design Engineer - Brakes
- Design and develop new mechanical and hydraulic brake system products, from 3D modeling through drawing creation and production implementation.
- Ability to conceptualize designs, create detailed drawings and implement the designs into Asian factories while optimizing design for manufacturability.
- Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate problem-resolution when necessary.
- Make quality part of the SRAM brand and build quality awareness throughout the development team.
- Actively work with project teams to solve or improve product issues.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience designing bicycle components or consumer products. Mechanical or hydraulic brake component design experience strongly desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of bicycle mechanics and design, and a passion for bicycles.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.