Design Engineer, Road Group -SLO
• Design and develop new crank and bottom bracket products, from 3D modeling to drawing creation and production implementation.
• Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate product problem resolution when necessary.
• Implement SRAM Lean Product Development principles to effectively utilize available resources and produce world class product designs.
• Build and maintain relationships with SRAM product managers, team leaders, team members, and factory and supplier personnel.
• Make quality part of the SRAM brand and build awareness of quality throughout the development team.
• Partner with the development team to meet project timing and cost targets.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills required.
• CAD software proficiency required (Pro/E preferred). Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, DOE's Six Sigma and Lean practices preferred.
• Demontrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
• Strong technical bicycle drivetrain knowledge including mechanical aptitude in building and troubleshooting bicycles and bicycle components. Experience within the bicycle industry a plus, especially with vendors in Asia.
• Willing and able to travel outside of the U.S., primarily to Asia, typically four-to-five times a year in roughly one week intervals.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 15 offices across 14 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.