Junior Graphic Designer
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience.
Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 15 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
SRAM’s Chicago design group is part of a global creative team with satellite design offices in Germany and Taiwan. We are highly collaborative, with boundless creativity and a passion for designing bicycle components that excite casual and professional cyclists alike. We are constantly improving every part of the design process and exploring innovative manufacturing techniques. Unlike other in-house teams or consultancy firms, Graphic Designers at SRAM are an integral part of product development.
Purpose: Build Something Real. As a Junior Graphic Designer at SRAM, you'll work directly with Industrial Designers, Finish Engineers and Product Managers to perfect the graphic look and feel of components for our brands. You'll be involved from the concept phase at our Chicago Headquarters to our production lines in Taiwan.
- Create graphic elements, icons, logos and type design for all cycling components.
- Leverage emerging color, finish and graphic trends into beautiful, powerfully-branded products.
- Create solutions for applying 2D art to 3D components.
- Apply SRAM’s overall branding message across distinct cycling markets.
- Partner with key team members in Product Development and Marketing to advance strategic brand positioning.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years of graphic or package design experience; in-depth brand building experience preferred.
- Command of vector artwork techniques including custom type design.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Desire and ability to travel internationally and domestically as required to work with our global team.
All applicants must submit a portfolio of original design work to be considered for this opportunity. Our online application system allows you to upload 3 attachments with your application. Applicants who fail to meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Digital or Online Design Portfolio
If you would prefer to submit an online portfolio, please include the URL in your resume or cover letter.
Our system will support many different file types, and the suggested size is 20 - 40 KB. The maximum size is 4 MB. If you would prefer to submit an online portfolio please include the URL in your resume or cover letter.