Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Purpose: Develop, manage and maintain an effective Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) management system. Maintain regulatory compliance and improve overall EH&S culture within the business. Actively participate as a valued member of the operations teams to provide EH&S expertise, guidance and technical support for the SRAM Indy location.
- Partner with Director of Operations to evaluate, develop and deploy EH&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with OSHA and company standards.
- Collaborate with leaders to continuously improve EH&S culture, awareness and accountability systems.
- Deployment of risk assessment process and control plans development.
- Creates and coordinates Safety Committee.
- Develops and deploys EH&S procedures, training, internal and external communications in concert with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Supports incident investigation activities, root cause analysis, corrective action identification and closure.
- Works closely with leaders to measure and communicate EH&S performance.
- Monitors trends and implements strategies for successful management of injury/illness cases and costs reductions.
- Participates in EH&S inspections, self-assessments, and audits.
- Presents findings to management, prepares applicable reports and tracks corrective actions to closure.
- Minimum Associates Degree, preferably in related field; Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ work experience within EH&S.
- Thorough understanding of EH&S regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence change.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: training/presentation, facilitation, team collaboration, communication.
- Preferred experience with a multi-lingual facility.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,800 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.