Existing Product Support Design Engineer
• Manage improvements and extensions to existing products in the External Drivetrain and Road categories.
• Partner with Product Management to strategize and prioritize improvement efforts.
• Provide problem-solving leadership to various manufacturing locations.
• Actively work with product development teams to solve or improve product issues, utilizing product design engineering, manufacturing process design, project management, manufacturing cost analysis, and quality/failure analysis.
• B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
• Experience leading and managing the progress of several projects at once, determining and communicating priorities, resolving cross-functional conflicts, and successfully executing these projects in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate strong manufacturing engineering experience in a factory environment that resulted in improvements to the cost and quality of mass- produced products.
• CAD expertise required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make technical presentations, and foster proactive communication with stakeholders.
• Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing environment, both on an individual basis and in teams.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of bicycle mechanics and design, and a passion for bicycles.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally five to eight times per year for approximately one week each trip.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 15 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.