Purpose: SRAM is looking for a new Team Lead to support development projects in the Spearfish, SD office, primarily in the Power Meter category.
- Lead development teams to achieve the following:
- Manager projects to target dates for finished part and assembly requirements.
- Project duration and cost within project launch targets.
- Project satisfies customer needs, including C.O.G.S and specification targets.
- Project production readiness and quality planning, including inspection and part qualification, ensured at time of production start.
- Facilitate effective communication and resolution of conflicts involving schedule, costing and resources with team, developmnet center and across global organization.
- Promote ongoing, timely and effective communication standards, including project status and metrics within software platforms and accepted means.
- Foster a team environment to pursue meaningful product innovation while managing tradeoffs between design and product requirements while driving the schedule.
- Acting as a stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct, and self-assured.
- Influencing the attitudes and opinions of others.
- Overcoming objections or hostility diplomatically.
- Participation in product development processes as an individual contributor for a minimum of 3 development cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and networks outside of immediate development team, including product managers, team leaders, and factories.
- Willingness to travel to Asia and other development locations up to 30% of the time. Willingness to spend extended periods at Asia factories for 2-3 weeks during production start up or other critical times in the project life cycle.
- Highly responsive individual, with active participation in meetings, phone conferences, and face-to-face communication within and outside of regular business hours.
- Faster-than average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and in detail.
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
- Setting and achieving specific standards, priorities and objectives for self and others; an emphasis on schedule and quality. Maintain control of overall project agenda, and at times set the priorities and objectives of others.
- Effectively weigh risk against the benefit, and make calculated decisions.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,800 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.