On Saturday, September 8th, 2012 Nino Schurter (Switzerland – Scott Swisspower) claimed his second Elite World Championship title in Saalfelden, Austria.
SRAM XX1 X-Horizon Rear Derailleur
With its “horizontal parallelogram” design and pulley offset, X-HORIZON™ keeps the chain gap constant across all 11 gears, providing fast, precise shifts. By limiting all movement to the horizontal axis, this design is faster, reduces shift force and eliminates ghost shifting. ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology reduces bounce and chain slap. CAGE LOCK™ technology makes wheel removal and installation easier than ever before. Paired with the XX1 shifter, the X-HORIZON RD forms the backbone of X-ACTUATION™ technology for unbelievably smooth shifting action.
- Large upper pulley offset automatically adjusts chain gap
- Straight parallelogram design with horizontal movement reduces shift force and improves drivetrain performance
- 12T X-SYNC pulley wheels
- TYPE 2 technologies: ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ and CAGE LOCK™
- New silent pulley tooth design
- Weight: 220 grams
|Compatibility||X-Actuation, XX1 11 Speed|
|Pulleys||12T X-SYNC pulley wheels|
|Technology Highlight(s)||X-ACTUATION, X-HORIZON,ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH, CAGE LOCK|
|Retail Availability||October 2012|
The first rear derailleur of its kind, SRAM TYPE 2 lets you push your cage forward and lock it into place with the push of a button. This creates slack, removing all tension from the chain. With Cage Lock, TYPE 2 makes wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—easier than any other derailleur on earth.
- Just push the cage forward—creating slack—and lock it in place.
- The chain stays perfectly loose, letting the derailleur swing out of the way. When you’re ready to ride again, simply unlock the cage and go.
Designed for X0 and X9 families, TYPE 2 rear derailleur delivers maximum drivetrain stability—even through the most punishing technical terrain. With Roller Bearing Clutch™ technology, SRAM TYPE 2 eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision.
- A one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting
- Needle bearing
- Self-lubricating for consistently smooth action
- 360 degree clutch force for reliability and durability
- TYPE 2’s clutch force comes factory calibrated by SRAM
- Consistent shifting feel
- Maintenance free clutch design
Developed specifically for SRAM XX1, X-ACTUATION keeps shifting sharp and consistent across the entire 10-42T cassette.Read More
This XX1 rear derailleur’s “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a consistent chain gap across all gears.Read More
A CNC-machined, “wide tooth, narrow tooth” pattern is repeated around the entire XX1 chainring, perfectly mirroring the 1X11 XX1 specific chain’s inner and outer links for maximum control.Read More
Euro MSRP includes VAT