Design Engineer, Brakes - Colorado Springs, CO
Purpose: To design and develop high quality bicycle brake components.
- Design and develop high quality, robust brake products from concept to prototyping to mass production.
- Create detailed drawings and implement designs into Asian factories.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Mitigate risk by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in new product development or product improvement.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with a Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM), such as Windchill strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 3-5 times per year on average for approximately one week at a time.
- Experience with Minitab a plus.
- Experience with Quality tools including problem solving methods and statistics a plus.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.