Design Engineer- Chicago, IL
Job Purpose: To design and develop high quality mechanical and electromechanical bicycle components for SRAM’s road and triathlon category.
• Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
• Create component and assembly CAD models and associated Engineering drawings.
• Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers and team members.
• Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how the work is completed.
• Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories and with suppliers.
• Mitigate design risks through proactive analysis, using tools such as FMEA, FEA and tolerance analysis.
• Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and developing products for the consumer market.
• CAD software proficiency required (Pro/E preferred).
• Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA and FMEA.
• Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills required.
• Ability to travel outside of the U.S. primarily to Asia, up to four times per year, for one to two weeks at a time.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.