Design Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
- Design and develop high quality, robust suspension products from concept to prototyping to mass production.
- Create detailed drawings and implement designs into SRAM factories.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Mitigate risk by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience designing bicycle components or consumer products. Suspension systems and/or component design experience strongly desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. PTC Creo experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude and mechanical design skills. Working knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing methods as well as a passion for bicycles is desired.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally three to five times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.