Design Engineer, Front Drivetrain - San Luis Obispo, CA
- Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Effectively mitigate risks through proactive design analysis, especially as it relates to understanding effects from internal and external variability.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Provide direction and leadership to engineering support staff. Provide design insight to other team members and suppliers.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of design experience. Bicycle components or consumer products preferred.
- CAD experience required. Creo Parametric experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.