Design Engineer – Front Drivetrain, San Luis Obispo, CA
Purpose: Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle.
- Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate and consult with other engineers and team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Mitigate risks through proactive design analysis.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred), or equivalent.
- 3+ years of mechanical design experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes such as forging, CNC machining/turning, and stamping.
- Extensive CAD experience required. Creo Parametric experience strongly desired.
- Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA and tolerance analysis.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for one to two weeks at a time.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.