Design Engineer Intern - San Luis Obispo
Purpose: To help develop an improved knowledge of the fatigue performance for a given aluminum alloy.
- Determine test configurations and create a test plan required to populate a S-N curve
- Facilitate the fabrication of necessary test specimens and submit for testing
- Present project findings to the engineering group at completion of internship
- Support our research and development efforts
- Gain technical knowledge of bicycle industry
- Work with design engineering and test teams
- Working towards a B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CAD, FEA, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in dynamic environment
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy, rapidly growing environment
Interns will be individually responsible for housing and transportation (if applicable) during their internship.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.