Director of Quality, Asia
Purpose: The Director of Quality, Asia is accountable to ensure the appropriate quality systems are in place in our Asian factories to meet SRAM’s quality definition.
SRAM defines Quality as a robust design that is consistently manufactured to specifications and delivers trouble free operation to our customers
- Drive a strong quality mindset/culture into all facets of Asian operations.
- Partner with corporate in developing, refining, and deploying a joint quality improvement strategy.
- Partner with supply chain management to develop, organize, and host vendor forums that enhance supplier partnerships and improve quality.
- Promote the utilization of Quality Planning and Quality Control tools and processes in a team atmosphere to support organizational & plant objectives.
- Deploy a data and fact based performance metric oriented management approach to ensure meeting organizational objectives and driving continuous improvement.
- Serve as an internal customer advocate to maintain operational focus on customer satisfaction.
- Analyze, evaluate and present information regarding quality, capabilities, problems, trends, and quality related design and development topics.
- With input from corporate & along the joint quality improvement strategy, establish direction for quality improvement and cooperate with other top management in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Oversee the Quality System framework and documentation, driving for a common process approach across all factories.
- Closely monitor the organizational quality program and performance including supplier quality and provide regular progress and performance reports to corporate.
- Coach and mentor quality, manufacturing, and engineering managers on quality system framework.
- Promote effective resolution to quality problems, e.g. through 8D Problem Solving, with the focus on true root cause identification and verified corrective actions and ensure timely and meaningful responses to customer quality concerns and hereby review technical problems and procedures and recommend solutions.
- Work with Supplier Management Team and Purchasing group to establish quality requirements and metrics for external suppliers.
- Lead the supplier quality assurance program to develop supplier capability and ensure quality requirements are consistently achieved.
- Work with Factory Management Team to establish internal quality requirements and metrics.
- Lead formal monthly review of status of activities toward achieving quality goals.
- Identify quality training needs and deliver training.
- Develop and promote an environment for continual improvement and deploy a performance oriented improvement measurement approach.
- Facilitate audits and assessments (internal, external, and regulatory); document and resolve findings with corrective actions.
- Drive product quality improvement by leading the Audit and Corrective Action processes, utilizing appropriate problem solving methodology and tools.
- Ensure the effective deployment and certification of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) and promote further QMS improvements, also in collaboration with corporate.
- Consult with manufacturing sites to drive continuous improvement.
- Actively participate with engineering, production, and management teams to resolve quality issues and improve material/product processes and yields.
- Fluent in English. Fluent in Mandarin preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a quality leadership role (preferably in the durable or consumer goods industry).
- Strong quality background.
- BS/BA in a related field (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, etc.).
- 5 years’ work experience as a Quality Engineer or equivalent in addition to 5 years work experience as a Quality Manager or equivalent required, Quality Management experience across multiple facilities are highly desirable.
- Minimum 4 years implementing quality systems in a manufacturing & design environment.
- Six Sigma GB certification or equivalent required, Six Sigma BB certification preferred.
- Certified ISO9001 Lead Auditor a must, TS16949 Lead Auditor preferred.
- Must be able to travel globally up to 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams, set direction, and get commitment from employees.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively across multiple countries and cultures.
- Demonstrates a strong drive for results.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.