Director of Quality, Asia
Purpose: The Director of Quality, Asia is accountable to ensure the appropriate quality systems are in place in our Asian factories to meet SRAM’s quality definition.
SRAM defines Quality as a robust design that is consistently manufactured to specifications and delivers trouble free operation to our customers
- Drive a strong quality mindset/culture into all facets of Asian operations.
- Partner with supply chain management to develop, organize, and host vendor forums that enhance supplier partnerships and improve quality.
- Serve as an internal customer advocate to maintain operational focus on customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the Quality System framework and documentation, driving for a common process approach across all factories.
- Coach and mentor quality, manufacturing, and engineering managers on quality system framework.
- Work with Supplier Management Team and Purchasing group to establish quality requirements and metrics for external suppliers.
- Lead the supplier quality assurance program to develop supplier capability and ensure quality requirements are consistently achieved
- Work with Factory Management Team to establish internal quality requirements and metrics
- Lead formal monthly review of status of activities toward achieving quality goals
- Identify quality training needs and deliver training.
- Facilitate audits and assessments (internal, external, and regulatory); document and resolve findings with corrective actions.
- Drive product quality improvement by leading the Audit and Corrective Action processes, utilizing appropriate problem solving methodology and tools.
- Consult with manufacturing sites to drive continuous improvement.
- Actively participate with engineering, production, and management teams to resolve quality issues and improve material/product processes and yields.
Education / Minimum Qualifications:
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Mandarin preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in a quality leadership role (preferably in the durable or consumer goods industry).
- Strong quality background.
- Six sigma and /or Lean certification preferred
- BS/BA in a related field (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, etc.)
- Must be able to travel globally up to 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams, set direction, and get commitment from employees.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively across multiple countries and cultures.
- Demonstrates a strong drive for results.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.