Electrical Engineer - Spearfish, SD
Purpose: Act as a key player on a small global team to turn electrical systems design ideas into exciting new products.
- Design wireless battery-powered embedded systems for product lines in the bicycle industry.
- Responsible for driving a design from concept through on-going production by utilizing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Be an integral member of the product development team, including providing deep insight into how various technologies will behave in manufacturing and serve customer needs.
- Create microcontroller-based firmware and development test scripts.
- Produce both analog and digital hardware designs throughout all stages of the project.
- Develop test strategies, fixtures and scripts to verify and validate designs as an integrated part of the product creation process.
- Design, build, test, and debug prototype circuit boards, firmware, test fixtures and production equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and debugging low power embedded systems, computer programming or other electronic product development is required.
- Working knowledge of Linux, C and a high-level scripting language is required. Python experience is preferred.
- Software development environment is Linux, GCC, C, Python and other open-source tools. Comfort in a ‘do-it-yourself’ / ‘open-source’ environment is required.
- Strong applicants will have an affinity for open-source software culture. “Sudo make me a sandwich.”
- Knowledge of modern software development concepts such the Agile Manifesto, DRY, Test Driven Development, etc. is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of sensing technologies such as strain gauges, accelerometers and others is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
- Knowledge or an interest in bicycles, ruggedized devices, or consumer electronics is preferred.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,800 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Quarq is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high performance bicycle power meters and data capture systems. Quarq is a division of SRAM LLC located in Spearfish, SD.