Electrical/Electronics Design Engineer - Spearfish, SD
Job Purpose: Work within a global team focused on developing embedded systems for cycling components, including Quarq power meters and pressure sensing devices.
To learn more about the innovative Quarq products we’re working on, please visit https://www.quarq.com/.
- Produce mixed signal hardware designs. Assists in the selection, design, and layout of:
- digital hardware including microprocessors, clocks, memory, UARTs, LCDs, and logic,
- ADCs, DACs, and high performance, low-noise data acquisition,
- sensor and electromechanical systems such as motors, motor controllers, strain gauges, accelerometers, and Hall effect sensors,
- battery-powered systems and high efficiency power supplies, and
- unlicensed wireless / RF solutions including SoCs, transceivers, antennas, and supporting circuitry.
- Design, build, and test prototype printed circuit boards. Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
- Create microcontroller-based firmware.
- Provide supporting design documentation, including design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures.
- Collaborate with engineering team members to develop jointly optimized product architectures.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand and refine product concepts.
- Support projects from conception through product launch within a global team setting.
- Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- Contribute to the creation, use, and adherence to evolving standards for design rigor and verification.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) preferred.
- 4+ years embedded system design experience.
- Experience programing in C, Python and/or a similar scripting language required.
- Understanding of digital signal processing concepts including sampling, filtering, and multirate interpolation.
- Discrete component-level circuit analysis knowledge. Demonstrated expertise with hardware debugging using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Wireless hardware and support firmware experience required. EMC compliance including 2.4 GHz unlicensed radio transceivers a plus. Experience tuning antennas and matching networks using Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) desired.
- Linux development environment experience is desired.
- Familiarity with a variety of sensing technologies such as strain gauges, accelerometers, and hall effect sensors is a plus.
- Experience designing for high-reliability systems. Experience with six sigma design-for-manufacturability, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), design of experiments (DoE), statistical analysis, and electrical assembly yield improvement a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Prior international cross-functional development experience plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.