Failure Analysis Technician - Indianapolis, IN
Purpose: Analyze defective parts that are returned through our warranty system, determine cause of failure, and share findings with others.
- Examine returned warranty parts and determine cause of failure.
- Suggest design or process improvements based on failure analysis.
- Conduct autopsy on failed parts and document with a detailed technical report.
- Strong emphasis on troubleshooting and ability to identify current and new issues with all bicycle components.
- Communicate with global manufacturing facilities, Sustaining Engineering, and Dealer Service groups on new and current product issues using internal data collection systems and email.
- Determine which returns are unique and candidates for failure analysis.
- Safe operation of standard machine shop equipment to aid in the strategic disassembly and sectioning of failures.
- Use of digital microscope to identify and document small defects.
- Maintain work area and stock necessary supplies to complete daily tasks.
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years of failure analysis experience
- Pro-level bicycle mechanic experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and reporting skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. 25+ words per minute typing ability
- Ability to manage a clean and organized work environment
- Work independently with limited management direction on a daily basis
- Some training will be conducted in Colorado Springs, CO
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.