Front End Web Developer - Chicago, IL
Purpose: To combine the art of design with the art of programming. This role will work with external partners and internal teams on refreshing SRAM’s digital properties, starting with a new SRAM.com.
- Develop and maintain SRAM’s digital Design System
- Develop new user-facing features
- Translate UI/UX requirements into lightweight, scalable code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize code for maximum speed
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Attend at least one yearly technology conference for continued development and to remain engaged with the community
- Travel to additional SRAM offices as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional work experience required. Corporate or Agency environment preferred.
- Proficient with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS
- Experience writing code for Episerver CMS and Episerver Commerce
- Experience developing component-based UI with React.js
- Experience compiling code with Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Excellent prototyping skills
- Proven record of relevant experience. Strong portfolio of sample work required
- Experience implementing Mixpanel via Segment is a plus
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.