Graphic Design Intern - Chicago, IL
Purpose: To support SRAM Corporate, SRAM MTB, SRAM Road and RockShox brands and product communications graphic design needs.
- Work with the Global Brand Design Team in defining and executing product and brand communications through print, digital and experiential design
- Support the design team with production and file management
- Design, develop, and prep files for catalogs, flyers, sell sheets, packaging, merchandising, web, and print advertising
- Maintain and communicate digital assets internally and externally
- Support SRAM presence at industry tradeshows and events
- Working towards a BFA or equivalent in Graphic or communications Design
- Proficient with Macintosh computers and OSX environments
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with image preparation, prepress and print processes.
- Understanding of digital photographic processes
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills needed in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively work well within a team and take direction
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest or experience in cycling or action sports segments
- Outstanding skill in graphic design (composition, typography, branding, image making), including a strong grasp of digital design principles (for web, mobile)
- Experience with 2D animation (After Effects), compositing, and/or 3D is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to confidently and successfully present creative and concepts to internal teams and clients
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.