Industrial Design Intern - Chicago, IL
Purpose: To execute projects from concept to production, support the design team with additional research, sketching, ergonomic mock-ups, and construction of appearance and proof-of-principle models.
Interns will document their work throughout their internship, capturing their design progress in a portfolio that will be presented to the design team upon the completion of their internship. Interns leave with a greater knowledge of process, design, ergonomics and manufacturing.
- Assisting and executing the development of products from concept through production
- Individual exploration of blue sky conceptual projects
- Coordinating the use and maintenance of the Industrial Design shop
- Creation of a portfolio containing all work completed at SRAM
- Currently working towards or recently graduated with a BA/BS Degree in Industrial Design (or equivalent)
- Good demonstration of skills in: research, problem solving, sketching, model making, ergonomic exploration, graphic development, CAD modeling and materials and process
- Enthusiastic and passionate about design
- Ability to handle many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to work and thrive in a global team environment
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.