Legal Intern, Intellectual Property - Chicago, IL
Purpose: To protect and guide SRAM product developments.
- Design and execute prior art searches with a report output that includes detailed claim based analysis.
- Analyze Patent Office actions and prepare draft responses.
- Assist Patent Attorneys and Patent Engineers with ongoing portfolio projects.
- Prepare formal documents for transactional activities.
- Organize and manage case references and disclosures.
- Analyze upcoming product development projects for patentability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science required, with a focus in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Working towards a Juris Doctor or similar degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others, but highly self-motivated to achieve individual tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.