Machinist- San Luis Obispo
- Work directly with lead machinist
- Work directly with Engineering and test team for prototype production
- Maintain shop machines and equipment
- Machine parts, create fixtures, prototype parts and manufacturing fixtures
- Assist Design Engineering with technical skills as needed
- Create quality prototypes according to schedule for engineers.
- Work with Engineering and Test departments to coordinate prototyping needs.
- Help maintain current machine shop and equipment.
- Maintain and increase machining knowledge to improve quality prototyping. Change-over, load, setup, and program CNC machines
- Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Must work directly with engineers in design, manufacturing and quality
- Must be flexible to changing priorities
- Exposure and basic knowledge of solid modeling (SolidWorks, Pro/E, or similar) ProNC experience a plus
- Experience with GD & T and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems a plus
- Experience with metrology tools like CMM and/or MicroVue a plus
Education / Minimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of machine shop experience
- CAD/CAM knowledge, Pro Engineering and Pro Manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- CNC setup and operation.
- Good communication skills with the ability to coordinate team efforts in multi-cultural climate.
- Manual machining and welding knowledge a plus
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.