Mechatronic Engineer Intern - Colorado Springs, CO
- Contribute to the electro-mechanical engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories.
- Join a small team with big impact at an established, stable company. Enjoy a collaborative peer environment where we're all learning from each other as we continue to create new, innovative electronic cycling systems.
- Be part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team creating a physical product you can see, touch, and use.
- Take satisfaction seeing your work from initial concept through to full production and market launch.
- Enjoy being part of a team dedicated to quality, focused on reliability, and proud of what we create.
- Research, develop, and evaluate electro-mechanical system architecture including radio, battery, motor selection, motor control strategy, gear reduction, wake sensors, etc
- Design and develop high quality, robust electro-mechanical subsystems and components that achieve project goals.
- Contribute to development of common technology, processes, subsystems, components and preferred design patterns
- Contribute to technical requirements for the electro-mechanical system
- Support system testing and failure analysis
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members
- Effectively mitigate risks through proactive design analysis, especially as it relates to understanding effects from internal and external variability
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Gain technical knowledge of SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished
- Gain technical knowledge of bicycle industry
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineering teams
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- DC motor control design, gear design, hydraulic valve design, and plastic part design experience through classwork, personal study and projects, or past internships
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CREO, FEA, ECAD/MCAD data interchange software, Excel, Linux, Python, and Command Line Scripts, etc
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in dynamic environment
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy, rapidly growing environment
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.