Mobile Software Engineer - Chicago, IL
Job Purpose: Contribute to the software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories. Develop new mobile-centric capabilities to interact with SRAM electronic products.
- Join a growing team with big impact at an established, stable company. Enjoy a collaborative peer environment where we're all learning from each other as we continue to create new, innovative electronic cycling systems.
- Be part of a team creating a physical product you can see, touch, and use. Contribute to electronic and software designs working in concert with mechanical systems.
- Take satisfaction seeing your work from initial concept through to full production and market launch.
- Enjoy being part of a team dedicated to quality, focused on reliability, and proud of what we create.
- Design and develop mobile software architectures and implementations that communicate with embedded systems. Application code written using a combination of iOS, Android, and hybrid frameworks allowing rapid development across relevant devices.
- Write well designed, testable, effective code. Participate in peer code reviews for acceptance across an agile delivery model. Follow feature set development through to completion.
- Participate in backlog review sessions to help inform and identify technical requirements and risks for application feature sets.
- Support projects from inception through product launch within a global team setting. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a software developer, with at least 2 applications deployed to end-users.
- Working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge of software development tools including build management, debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test suites.
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- iOS development (Objective-C or Swift)
- Android development (Java or Kotlin)
- Hybrid mobile application platform development
- Experience with integrating third party API’s and libraries.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Excellent problem solving skills, must possess the ability to formulate and execute solutions for complex issues.
- Work within a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of released code.
- Applications that interface with embedded software or back-end web applications: Bluetooth / BLE / Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 / Zigbee, ANT personal network protocol, relational databases / SQL, or back-end cloud solution architecture and development (Amazon AWS, Azure).
- Development within established agile software development methodologies.
- Develop and maintain automated continuous integration testing platforms.
- Work within an international cross-functional team.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.