Public Relations Intern - Chicago, IL
Purpose: To communicate and promote SRAM road brand interests and work closely with our global product, brand, sponsorship, and management teams to develop focused, accurate, meaningful and consistent company messaging.
- Written communications, both internal and external, relaying accurate and specific product, athlete and company messages in a concise and well-written format. This includes continuous creative content development for SRAM’s various brand pages.
- Social media visibility, on a daily basis, and maintaining accurate, fun and engaging messaging with the ultimate goal of driving brand education and loyalty.
- Work closely with internal brand marketing and product management teams to ensure that product messaging is accurate, specific and timely.
- Work closely with industry partners, such as photographers and videographers to maximize understanding and accuracy of our messaging and maintain a close and collaborative relationship.
- Working towards a BS/BA or Masters in Communication, Public Relations, Mass Media or related field.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule (25-30 hours/week and potential weekends).
- Working knowledge of the cycling industry and products a plus.
- Fundamental written and communication skills are critical, along with a solid understanding of the broad range of popular social media platforms.
All applications must include a resume, cover letter and writing sample
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.