Sourcing Manager, Electronics - Shengkang,Taiwan
Purpose: The Sourcing Manager, Electronics is responsible for Suppliers Selection and Suppliers Managements for electronics commodity. The individual in this role will proactively seek new suppliers and lead supplier development efforts, partnering with our Purchasing, Supplier Quality, and Engineering Teams to ensure SRAM’s supply base can meet current and future customer needs.
- Select suppliers that best meet project requirements.
- Gather quotes & conduct pricing review/negotiation on parts and tooling.
- Evaluate supplier and sub suppliers lead time, capacity, tooling, capability and process
- Resolve conflicts in supplier selection
- Award business to supplier & 12 month rolling forecast discussions for long lead time items preparation.
- Optimize cost, lead time, payment terms and estimated productivity on LPD projects
- Sourcing strategy development for critical parts
- Build depth of sourcing knowledge on supply chain of commodity
- Ensure suppliers readiness on material, machines, manpower for mass production.
- Support SQA and PUR team on quality and delivery issues.
- Solid knowledge of electronic parts sources.
- Supplier Agreement, NDA, MOC, supplier manual requirements renewal, if needed.
- Drive suppliers CIP for SRAM
- Periodical price review and negotiation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Electronics Engineering or Related Field
- Minimum 5 years experience in Sourcing, Engineering and/or Supply Chain
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Negotiation methodology
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Highly organized self-starter
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems and use good judgment
- Technical detail-oriented
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with sourcing electronics components
- Knowledge on electronics process
- Familiar with supply chain and ordering process
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Total Cost of Ownership
- Knowledge of world class quality techniques and implementation
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience
- Knowledge of ISO and other recognized international quality system standards
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.