Test Development Engineer
Purpose: Independently develop test plans, procedures and methods for testing of SRAM products by working with the global test team and SRAM product development teams. Duties include establishing test plans for product investigations, analyzing test plans for adequacy, developing new fixtures, tests and test machines, coordination of laboratory and field testing, coordination of test procedures/processes with global SRAM test labs, and lead improvement initiatives across product categories and locations.
- Develop test plans to verify and validate designs, review test results, and present results to stakeholders. Establishes appropriate test programs by analyzing product and customer requirements, coordinating test schedules, and identifying sample requirements.
- Analyze test data to identify key failures, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes. Post-process the test data into charts, graphs, and/or summaries to allow for quick consumption of information by the development teams. Provide detailed documentation in the form of test reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for driving testing from concept through product launch. Keep all test plans up to date and complete throughout the development projects.
- Communicates test status updates for all responsible projects to stakeholders.
- Leads the development of new test procedures, processes, and test machines. Work closely with other test engineers and documentation specialists on the development of test standards.
- Drive testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and physical equipment, resulting in high quality data
- Train office, field, and/or laboratory staff and entry level engineers. Provides technical assistance in several product categories, operations or systems
- Support the Equipment Project Manager on new test equipment projects.
- Independently perform correlation and harmonization of new test machines.
- Resolves complex engineering issues associated with testing by collaborating with development teams.
- Lead improvement initiatives and see initiative through until completion
- Develop a global network of testing and development associates.
- Experienced in integrating continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Provide support to Factory and Field Test personnel when requested
- Provide direction and input to industry standards and standard development committees for specific product categories.
- Make recommendations for improvement of SRAM product development system, testing systems and equipment
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent engineering discipline, plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in testing principles, instrumentation and processes.
- Experience designing or testing wheels, brakes, or suspension components a plus
- Experience working with products in varying environmental conditions.
- Strong team player but also exhibit a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel
- Knowledge or interest in bicycles is a bonus.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,800 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.