Test Equipment Software Engineer - Spearfish, SD
Job Purpose: Contribute to the design and support of automated test equipment across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories.
To learn more about the innovative Quarq products we’re working on, please visit https://www.quarq.com/.
- Design, build, debug, implement, tune, and maintain the Python / Linux software stack on all custom test equipment on the manufacturing floor and test lab.
- Responsible for closely supporting products from concept through on-going production support by utilizing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Pro-actively works with the entire SRAM team to continuously improve and support all test and production equipment that serves manufacturing, test lab, failure diagnostics, process engineers and design engineers.
- Requires working knowledge of entire software stack to support scripts spaning from the embedded software of the product, to the test system, to the operational context of the equipment operator.
- Develop and maintain systems for test data capture and analysis.
- Provide supporting design documentation, including design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures.
- Contribute to the creation, use, and adherence to evolving standards for design rigor and verification within the company’s growing software and electrical engineering team.
- Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or 8+ years of equivalent experience is required.
- 3 years of experience designing and debugging automated systems, computer programming or other electronic product development is required.
- Software development environment is Linux, GCC, C, Python and other open-source tools. Comfort in a ‘do-it-yourself’ / ‘open-source’ environment is required. “Sudo make me a sandwich.”
- Knowledge of modern software development concepts such as the Agile Manifesto, DRY, Test Driven Development, etc. is strongly preferred.
- Algorithm-level design contributions to signal processing & control systems.
- Familiarity with a variety of sensing and automation technologies such as strain gauges, accelerometers, stepper motors, and motion control is a plus.
- Experience working in a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of new products.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.