Variation Management Engineer - Various Locations
Job Purpose: Support SRAM’s product development teams through research, development, and integration of processes, practices, and systems related to identifying and managing variation throughout the lifecycle of SRAM’s products.
- Perform 1-D and 3-D dimensioning and tolerancing analysis on CAD components and assemblies using statistical methodologies.
- Interpret analysis results and provide dimensional management recommendations to support the delivery of robust design solutions.
- Support product development teams by promoting design standardization efforts and solving complex dimensional design objectives
- Assist SRAM’s design development centers to effectively identify, understand, and manage variation effects using Dimensional Management and Design for Six Sigma practices and tools.
- Assist Design Engineers to identify and define measurable functional design objectives as a means of measuring product quality.
- Develop coordinated datum and assembly strategies for parts and assemblies through defining the functional relationships of toleranced features and the requirements of the design.
- Support training and implementation of SRAM’s Variation Management tools and processes across multiple functions within the organization.
- Present and explain Variation Management solutions throughout the organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional work experience (mechanical design experience preferred).
- Demonstrate solid communication, teamwork, and relationship skills to be able to collaborate or exchange complex information with product development team members across all organizational levels.
- Self-starter, willingness to develop and implement new digital engineering tools and practices, ability to lead medium to large projects through completion.
- Extensive CAD experience required. Creo Parametric experience strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and demonstrated the ability to learn new software.
- Skilled in the interpretation and application of GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009. GDTP Technologist or Senior Level Certification preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to perform geometric variation analysis.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 25% travel.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.