United States, Illinois, Chicago
Be a key resource on the finance team through contributions to the general ledger close process, leading transactional processes and participating in improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of global finance and the general ledger reporting structure.
- Perform as a key resource in the month-end close process.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Lead certain ongoing processes including vendor management and fixed asset accounting.
- Support administration of expense reporting software and related company policies
- Assist with the external financial statement audit.
- Participate in process improvement projects within the finance team.
- Reports to Corporate Accounting Manager. Assists Accounting Director, Tax Director, and other finance managers regarding financial results and special reporting.
- BS in Accounting, Masters preferred
- 1-year Accounting and Finance experience preferred, internship experience included
- CPA eligibility required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, including willingness to research and resolve accounting applications.
- Proficient in ERP software (SAP preferred) and Microsoft suite of products
- Experience with expense reporting and invoice processing software (Concur preferred)