Engineering and Design
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for a Design Engineer to contribute to the mechanical design team on new product development across a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Work through design process from sketches and ideas to product-in-hand, collaborating and problem solving with a small, cross-functional team and factories around the world
- Participate in our feedback-driven culture for product design and personal development
- Bring enthusiasm to learning, teaching, and evolving core engineering tools we use to create our products
- Create component and assembly CAD models and associated engineering drawings
- Mitigate design risks using tools such as FMEA, FEA, GD&T and statistics
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support an equitable, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- Actively evolve and improve not only SRAM’s products but also SRAM’s culture
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent degree
- A drive for learning, self-improvement, and team growth
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems with a methodical, hands-on approach
- The ability to communicate with a broad audience, across cultures
- The ability to travel outside of the U.S., primarily to Asia, up to four times per year, for one to two weeks at a time (Covid-19 safety allowing)
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date.
- No need to be a cyclist!
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.