Engineering and Design
Digital Product Designer - Internal Tools
| United States, Illinois, Chicago | United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
Are you a passionate Digital Product Designer keen to translate consumer insights into tangible digital products and services for the most advanced digital cycling hardware on the planet? We’re looking for a curious and empathy-driven Designer to bring digital innovation to an awesome line of digitally enabled products. This role requires demonstrable UX skills and the ability to hit the ground running. As a foundational member of this growing team, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class digital products that complement our amazing hardware product offerings. In this role, you will design internal tools for testing and diagnosing modern digitally enabled bikes in commercial environments: factory floor, dealers, and professional racing teams. The applications will solve for the jobs-to-be-done and user experiences of various commercial roles including product managers, factory workers, dealer staff and professional mechanics. You are ideally a Designer who is intent on building tools and experiences that work for people through a process of inquiry, questions, interviews, prototype testing, and iteration - all within the SRAM brand guidelines. Responsive web, and native mobile experience isn’t required but heavily preferred in this process, as this role will have the ability to influence and participate in other product areas in the future. This position can be remote but also located in our Chicago or Colorado Springs offices.
- Work as a thought partner with a team of product managers, engineers, and project managers, to tackle user rider challenges with data and evidence from inception to execution
- Contribute to the overall product strategy as well as identify future opportunities
- Run end-to-end UX research (i.e., user interviews, remote usability testing, surveys, card sort, tree tests, etc.) with a particular focus on end-user experience improvements
- Create customer, mobile and web, journey maps, user flows, and wireframes
- Help define MVPs and ensure product excellence from launch through iterations
- Analyze how new products satisfy market needs and consumer preferences
- Advocate for our riders and customers by evangelizing your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members
- Define UI components holistically using interaction flows, motion/transitions, accessibility compliance, and visual design
- Quickly iterate and communicate concepts at appropriate levels of fidelity, while managing and providing constructive critique around your work
- Maintain and improve cross-functional collaboration, relationships, and processes
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to conceptualize ideas and implement compelling customer-focused solutions across all digital touch points
- Articulate design decisions for the development team and supporting design teams
- Ship, measure and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Accountable for high standards for design and product quality control, re-usability, and definition of standards to support the Design System thru hands-on collaboration with designers, developers, researchers, and accessibility experts
- Portfolio of work demonstrating the breadth and UX methodologies, previous experience with mobile-focused digital products and apps, examples of UX strategies, and case studies demonstrating the UX process and outputs and outcomes. This should also include the approach and process and research that led to the experience or design and how you collaborated with your product team.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role, on enterprise products.
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods, and data analysis.
- Experience with UX research tools and platforms, including user testing.
- Experience creating products and applications with multiple user touch points on different platforms and devices.
- Must have strong interaction design, technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects, etc. Expertise with Figma is a plus.
- Experience with mentoring team members with varying UX experience levels as a player-coach.
- Solid understanding of the product development cycle, and the relationship between business, UX, technology, and the role of user research.
- The ability to present complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, engineers, marketing, and business stakeholders.
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off.
- Salaries start at $105,000 and up to +30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.