Director of Operations
United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
Lead SRAM Indianapolis Operations to be a highly efficient operation and drive a culture of engagement and continuous improvement for the site, including production, logistics, distribution, and supply chain activities. Foster direction, alignment, and commitment between the Indianapolis facility, global SRAM facilities, and functional teams. Support, develop and mentor team members.
- Lead and manage daily manufacturing operations to optimize facilities, equipment, people and time to meet customer demand and performance metrics (safety, quality, delivery, financial and culture).
- Create transparency and full circle communication flow from Tier 1 (shop floor team) to Tier 6 (executive S&OP).
- Partner with Vice President in the development of the Indianapolis manufacturing strategy and road map; including team member development, continuous improvement, and plant footprint.
- Build and execute upon a strong manufacturing and distribution system and team that operates at 80% of total capacity with the ability to flex up or down 20% within 90 days. Accountable for factory financial performance to plan: GP, capital expenditure, working capital and on-time delivery to promise
- Support global wheel production as the wheel lighthouse for sister locations
- Be a Servant Leader who demonstrates SRAM core values and cross functional collaboration
- Support our journey of embedding continuous Improvement practices into everyday work
- Member of the site facilities leadership team
- Partner in establishing and administering policies equitably, consistently and with accountability.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading a manufacturing operations team utilizing continuous improvement and lean techniques
- Proven success transforming manufacturing operations from good to great
- A servant leader who creates energy, lives with integrity, creates vision, empowers people to achieve goals, and supports them in delivering results.
- A strong foundation of continuous improvement and lean putting an emphasis on people first
- Hands-on management style, maintaining a direct connection with the manufacturing floor team, are comfortable in a flexible non-bureaucratic structure
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%, including weekends
- Flexible to work alternate shifts or weekends to support teams
- Able to continuously stand or walk at least 80% of the time
- Able to bend, squat, twist, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off.