Distribution Center Associate (Temp-to-Hire)
United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
Meeting the demands of our customers through safe, high quality order processing. Team members will be responsible to receiving, put a way, picking, packing and shipping inventory. Teamwork is a cornerstone of our success and we look for individuals who can actively participate in team objectives. This position begins as a temporary assignment with SRAM through a third party staffing firm. Although there is no guarantee, there is the potential to be hired as a full-time employee at SRAM after 90 days. Employment-related matters and benefits are handled by a local staffing partner, not by SRAM, unless the team member is hired by SRAM directly.
- Unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of cartons and large bulky objects.
- Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards.
- Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise.
- Completing required documentation neatly and accurately.
- Performing spot-checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly.
- Operating manual and mechanical equipment in a safe manner, using the appropriate personal protective equipment, reporting unsafe conditions, following safety procedures, and thinking about safety at all times.
- Maintain work quality by following standardized processes and procedures as well as communicating quality concerns to a Lead, Supervisor, and/or at daily Tier meeting.
- May perform other duties as needed.
- Must be available to work full time (40 hours per week), plus occasional Saturdays; be flexible for overtime when volume increases
- Ability to continuously stand or walk at least 90% of the time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, lift frequently, and reach 40 inches
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Driver’s license required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to carbon and moving parts
- Moving equipment is common in the area
- To apply please go to http://energeostaffing.com/ (by clicking the apply link below), once on the website click the link to apply. When an Energeo recruiter contacts you, tell them you’re interested in SRAM’s Distribution Associate position