Engineering and Design
Embedded (Hardware / Software) Design Engineer
Contribute to the electrical hardware and software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. Join a growing team with a big impact on our company’s innovation and market success. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and creation of quality products.
- Participate in full lifecycle software / firmware development. Contribute to device-side embedded C running on ARM microprocessors. Develop device driver and application library code for broad re-use across our mechatronic components.
- Lead design, layout, and verification of mixed signal hardware designs, including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, electromechanical systems, motor drivers, RF transceivers, and antenna systems. Optimize architectures for low-power battery operation.
- Design and test prototype printed circuit boards. Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
- Author design documentation. Write well designed, testable code. Conduct and contribute to hardware design and code reviews.
- Support projects from inception through launch within a global team setting. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts. Collaborate with mechanical, embedded software, test, and manufacturing engineers to develop jointly optimized designs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US, Europe, and Asia).*Post COVID-19 restrictions
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years embedded system design, including deployment of a released-to-market product.
- Embedded C software development. Skill with debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using bench equipment (oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Prior experience in any of the following areas is desirable and could be useful in this role: wireless embedded systems design of 2.4 GHz hardware or wireless software communication protocols (e.g. Bluetooth), mixed signal ADC/DAC circuits, digital sensor circuitry integration, Python test scripting, Linux/gcc/make development environments, automated continuous integration, agile development team experience.