Engineering and Design
Electrical and Software Engineering Manager (m/w/x)
Oversee the design of architectures and full lifecycle development of ESE deliverables within your areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the design of architectures and full lifecycle development of ESE deliverables within your area(s) of responsibility: Embedded systems hardware and software/ firmware and Development & production test hardware, software, and continous integration (CI) systems
- Demonstrate, oversee, and reinforce standards of practice within the team, including efforts to: Develop standards for ensuring testable, effective designs. Conduct and contribute to peer reviews of planned architectures, intended designs, and implemented solutions. Ensure verification plans and quality assurance procedures are created and executed; Ensure effective documentation of design, including design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures; Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, manufacturability, and time-to-market goals.
- Contribute to the team’s creation, use, and adherence to evolving standards for design rigor and verification.
- Support projects from conception through product launch within a global team setting. Understand user needs and implementation strategy. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts. Collaborate with engineers across all engineering and operations disciplines to develop jointly optimized, robust product architectures. Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, with suppliers, and with customers.
- Mentor, advise, and develop engineers. Provide regular coaching and feedback to your team, earning respect as a mentor to your reports such that you are the person they come to for help and advice.
- Manage and provide expertise, steering strategies and decisions across multiple projects spanning at least one value stream. Participate in project planning and resource loading activities with Category & Product Management and Team Leaders.
- Use continuous improvement and lean product development principles to optimize our efforts and systems to effectively utilize resources.
- Emphasize ways of making quality part of the SRAM brand and build awareness of quality throughout the development process.
- Manage engineering budget for direct reports and projects within your scope of responsibility.
- Hire and integrate new engineering resources as required.
- Build trusting relationships with Engineering Manager peers and SRAM Senior Managers around the world through travel, event participation, collaborative projects, and use of remote collaboration technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Master's degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience as an Engineer developing designs within areas of responsibility supporting new product development.
- First experience in leading a team preferred, but not a must.
- Exposure to full cycle product development including product definition, design, testing, qualification, certification, and field verification.
- Familiarity with embedded systems hardware/software/firmware design and PCB design from concept through manufacturing.
- Self-directed, resourceful, detail oriented, able to manage multiple priorities, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on open-ended problems.
- Exposure to stage/phase-gate and Agile product development processes.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution, combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.