Engineering and Design
Engineering Operations Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
To manage the people, processes and equipment of the test lab, machine shop, and metrology.
- Ensure all team members have a safe work environment.
- Lead the Engineering Operations Team to produce reliably high quality data, equipment and parts.
- Manage the people in the Engineering Operations Team in a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Facilitate resolution of personnel conflicts and challenges.
- Meet our internal customer’s need for rapid turnaround from request to delivery.
- Develop and track Engineering Operations budget.
- Drive testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data.
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance Plans for all equipment.
- Ensure all equipment remains in calibration.
- Oversee training of new team members.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7 years professional technical work experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical leadership capabilities.
- Preferred background in testing, automation, instrumentation and design validation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively motivate and inspire team members.
- Ability to travel to work with a global team. Approximately 1 international and 2 domestic trips per year.