United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
Make prototype rims and wheels per engineering guidelines to help in the development of part designs and manufacturing processes.
- Make prototype rims and wheels per verbal and written instructions from engineers. This includes the processes of raw material cutting, preforming, molding, drilling, and wheel building.
- Clearly explain to engineers the problems that are found when making parts.
- Maintain preforming equipment at the operator skill level.
- Create training content for how to make new designs using the Training within Industry process and use that to teach production operators.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with ability to solve basic geometry and trigonometry problems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a hands-on manufacturing or small parts assembly environment
- Good mechanical aptitude required
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Excellent manual dexterity required
- Fluent in English and basic reading and writing skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to change tasks often is required
- Experience doing bike builds or repairs in a retail shop is a plus
- Ability to continuously stand or walk at least 90% of the time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, lift frequently, and reach 40 inches
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds up to 20 times per day