Import Compliance Analyst
United States, Illinois, Chicago | United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
The Logistics Team is looking for a professional with experience in Trade Compliance to support the execution of compliance and operations by working in an importer environment or experience with Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, to fill the role of Customs Analyst. The ideal candidate will have experience with executing Customs compliance and operations work in an exporter/importer environment (preferred) or experience with Customs Brokerage and Freight Forwarding. This position will primarily plan, organize, and implement day-to-day import activities to achieve targeted results in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This person must be a team player willing to learn and adapt to the company’s business needs. This role will also provide support in areas such as risk assessment, value preservation review, and regional/global customs (import) compliance improvement projects. and leverage customs opportunities, and compliance framework, and contribute to government inquiries. This role serves as an import primary point of contact for SRAM and its subsidiaries.
- Conduct customs entry audits for accuracy via custom and government stems.
- Determine tariff classification and applicability of other government agency regulations of imported goods.
- Management of customer expectations through collaboration, complete record keeping packages, and management of licensing requirements.
- Work with the Customs Broker to address audit results and corrections.
- Ensure Integrity of Import Data. Maintain tariff classification and duty rates in MRP repository.
- Strategic Support - Works directly with vendors to obtain missing documentation or information required for customs clearance.
- Respond to inquiries from customs broker impacting imports tariffs.
- Assist to help the team meet its performance objectives.
- Work closely with International Global Logistics Manager to ensure all matters related to import compliance are communicated and addressed cross functionally through SRAM.
- Works closely with the SAP team in maintaining sku’s and HTC codes (Harmonized Tariff Codes) and engineer to ensure appropriate classification, product development team regarding the product life span and factory leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; supply chain management, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working in Import Compliance or similar role
- US Customs Broker license- (or will have one within 15 months of taking the role)
- Ability to resolve duty discrepancies and address basic import operation challenges as accuracy in this role is imperative as tariff numbers may carry duty rates that directly impact landed costs.
- Strong tariff classification skills required and experience in classifying a broad range of commodities.
- Excellent knowledge of Trade Remedy and Customs Regulations
- Working knowledge with SAP, CBP's and other industry-related websites CROSS, FDA, APHIS, US HTS, etc.) and knowledgeable regarding Trade Remedy & Custom Regulations, GSP & Free Trade Agreements
- PC skills including Outlook, Excel, and industry-related websites (CROSS, FDA, APHIS, US HTS, etc.)
- Licensed Customs Broker (LCB), Certified Customs Specialist (CCS), or Customs Classifier Certification (CCLC), a plus.
- Proven experience leading interactions with businesses on all trade compliance matters and demonstrated competency in Customs Valuation or Free Trade Agreement origin.
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.