Engineering and Design
Mobile Test Engineering Manager
United States, South Dakota, Spearfish | United States, Illinois, Chicago
The Mobile Test Engineering Manager will lead, manage, and inspire a SRAM Digital Product Group software engineering team. You will have responsibility as both an individual contributor and as a team leader in the design/development of mobile application testing and delivery systems. As an individual contributor, you will perform hands-on software design/development. As a team leader, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to a function/team comprised of direct reports and/or matrixed resources.
- Drive end-to-end quality of mobile and embedded software systems with effective automation of unit level, component level and system level testing.
- Oversee automated and manual quality assurance testing operations
- Create and implement a roadmap for the development of automated test systems and strategy.
- Ensure design and code of testing systems reviews, analysis of code components and code coverage of unit test cases.
- Drive changes in system architecture to achieve high field and delivery reliability, robustness and security.
- Understand end user issues in the field, create methods to systemically reduce field issues
- Train new quality assurance staff members in testing methods and standards
- Work collaboratively with development teams to resolve issues
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience with development, implementation and operation of software testing systems, including software unit tests and hardware in the loop tests.
- 2+ years of experience as a leader or key member of a software development team
- Direct experience with automated software testing systems
- Demonstrated success leading software teams
- Software System engineering fundamentals
- Mentoring/training engineers
- Clear and candid communication skills, both written and verbal