Engineering and Design
Software Engineer in Test
As part of a talented team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and others, the Software Engineer in Test will work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world. In this role, you will help us evolve our continuous integration (CI) system and embedded test automation, in collaboration with electrical, mechanical and software engineers. We’re eager to talk if you’re a systems thinker who is excited about strengthening team testing culture and simplifying daily work flows. Check out the following overview of a recent project, SRAM AXS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbJRmNgD8E
- Improve the reliability and performance of our test and build processes, including our existing Python and C test framework.
- Pro-actively collaborate with the team to improve and document development work flows related to CI and automated testing
- Report defects, participate in debugging, and validate fixes.
- Research test automation approaches and trends. Disseminate proposed changes and best practices to coworkers.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. (required)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance (highly preferred)
- Experience with embedded hardware/software platforms (highly preferred)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written (highly preferred)
- Proficiency with Linux and Python (highly preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration platforms, either as a user or maintainer (preferred)
- Experience in an international cross-functional team (preferred)
- The Software Engineer in Test position is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation.