Engineering and Design
Sustaining Design Engineer
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and leading improvements to existing products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle.
- Design and lead improvements to existing products that reduce cost, improve quality, and/or increase customer satisfaction.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate and consult with other engineers and product development team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories, and with suppliers.
- Mitigate risks by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- Provide input for the development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional mechanical design experience required.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes; such as CNC machining/turning, stamping, and forging.
- CAD experience required. Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer) experience is strongly desired.
- Experience applying a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, and tolerance analysis.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for approximately one week at a time.