Engineering and Design
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Are you a passionate User Experience Manager keen to lead a team that creates tangible digital products and services for the most advanced digital cycling hardware on the planet? We’re looking for a seasoned leader of User Experience teams to bring digital innovation to an awesome line of digitally enabled products. This role requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to hit the ground running. As a foundational member of this growing team, you will be responsible for creating and leading a team that delivers best-in-class digital products that scale to market demands. The team will handle the end-to-end design of digital products, web apps, and iOS and Android apps with a focus on a mobile-first approach. You will be responsible for leading a team doing hands-on product design work – producing research-based user insights, gathering requirements, developing experiences and journeys, user flows, and wireframes and prototypes. You must be a respected leader that can build trust with a team, empowering others to grow their capabilities, and the ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
- Forward-looking, synthesizes and articulates the future we are creating. Design thinking. Must merge all aspects of the UX of the entire SRAM experience into a coherent system.
- Balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Can connect that future vision and ladder up to it with current work. Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Responsible for and effectively advocating for users, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
- Competent at facilitating internal design thinking sessions and ability to train other design teams to adopt design thinking methods.
- Bring together various product lines into a synergistic, cohesive CX.
- Works across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Work closely with internal and external resources in planning and executing user research studies to better understand the customer, test product concepts, and validate UX/UI designs.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Lead UI/UX on major programs as a practitioner and provide oversight/direction to other designers on the team.
- Role in all phases of the product development process - from concept creation, and UI design to usability testing.
- Develop people. Foster SRAM’s culture and principles within the group. Can assemble and manage teams. Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Foster SRAM’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in exceptional and operational excellence.
- Responsible for managing a design team, collaborating with other leaders to define the UX strategy, envisioning the future role of UX in related products, and contributing to SRAM’s overall UX direction.
- Coach and mentor engineers of other disciplines who work with the team to create best-in-class user-centered experiences, including PMs, marketers, developers, and researchers.
- Passionate about collaborative lean workflows, experience implementing Agile methodologies, and expertise in applying lean UX processes in fast-paced organizations.
- Manage and oversee UX design creation by external resources/consultants on relevant projects.
- Lead client relationships and effectively represent Design in partner communications.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating the breadth and UX methodologies, previous experience with mobile-focused digital products and apps, examples of UX strategies, and case studies demonstrating the UX process and outputs and outcomes. This should also include the approach and process and research that led to the experience or design.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role, on enterprise products.
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods, and data analysis.
- Experience with user testing, panel construction, and other UX research tools and platforms.
- Experience creating products and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Must have strong interaction design, technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects, etc. Expertise with Figma is a plus.
- Experience with managing team members with varying UX experience levels.
- Solid understanding of the product development cycle, and the relationship between business, UX, technology, and the role of user research.
- The ability to present complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, engineers, marketing, and business stakeholders.