Engineering and Design
Variation Management Engineer (m/f/x)
The Variation Management Engineer will support the Variation Management Engineering Manager to research, develop, promote, and integrate the processes, practices, and systems related to identifying and managing variation throughout the lifecycle of SRAM’s products by applying Variation Management and Design for Six Sigma methods and tools, product definition standards and practices, and metrology processes and tools.
- Assist SRAM’s design development centers to effectively identify, understand, and manage variation effects throughout the design, manufacturing, and assembly processes through use of Variation Management and Design for Six Sigma practices and tools.
- Assist Design Engineers to identify and define functional design objectives as a means of measuring product quality, emphasizing making quality part of the SRAM brand and building awareness of product quality throughout the product development process.
- Support Industrial Design, Product Management, Manufacturing, Quality, and Metrology to define and achieve our product quality objectives using Variation Management tools.
- Assist in the development of coordinated component and assembly datum strategies that consider input from the design group, manufacturing, supplier, and inspection using functional Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements per the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y14.5 standard.
- Perform advanced dimensioning and tolerancing analysis on CAD components and assemblies using statistical methodologies and 1-D and 3-D tolerance analysis software tools to assign functionally related tolerances and identify Key Characteristics (KC).
- Support training and implementation of SRAM’s Variation Management tools and processes to a diverse user group across multiple functions within Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations, Quality, and Metrology teams.
- Build strong working relationships and interactions with individuals within the Design Engineering, Team Lead, Supplier Development Engineering, Metrology, and Quality Engineering functions.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Self-starter, willingness to develop and implement new digital engineering tools and practices.
- Experienced in 3-D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in 1-D variation analysis modeling and simulation.
- Skilled in the interpretation and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 -2009.
- Ability to develop and instruct Variation Management courses to a diverse global audience.
- Experience operating within a product lifecycle management environment.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally (up to 30%) to support development locations and specific projects and initiatives.
- Highly skilled in PTC Creo Parametric 3-D modeling software. (preferred)
- ASME Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) technologist or senior level certification. (preferred)
- Highly skilled in 3-D variation modeling and simulation using CETOL 6σ tolerance analysis software. (preferred)
- Experienced in statistical concepts and proficient in the use of statistical tools such as Minitab, R, MATLAB, or Excel. (preferred)
- Experienced with model-based inspection methods using functional gaging, CMM, or 3D scanning. (preferred)
- Please send your English application (at least cover letter and curriculum vitae) to [email protected]
- We offer: flexible working time models, excellent work environment and flat hierarchies, innovative working environment with a range of benefits and employee events and company pension plan with an employer contribution