Patent Law Internship
United States, Illinois, Chicago
SRAM is seeking an innovative and passionate individual to join us for a unique summer internship experience. SRAM is offering a challenging internship opportunity for a law student with SRAM’s internal Patent Group of the Legal Team. SRAM’s internship program would provide an aspiring patent attorney with a thorough exposure to the profession. The candidate would work under SRAM Patent Counsel’s mentorship and assist with a variety of projects related to patent prosecution
- The primary purpose of the position would be to provide practical work experience to a law student with a strong interest in pursuing Patent Law as a career.
- Provide talented students with challenging, real-world patent experience at an entrepreneurial, quickly growing company.
- Provide students with practical work experience preparing them with skills and entry into the workplace after graduation such as a basic understanding of patent law fundamentals.
- This is a unique opportunity to receive project-based work that requires teamwork, ingenuity, creativity, and guidance from a full-time Patent attorney professional at SRAM
- Prior Art Searches (techniques and resources)
- Draft and prepare portions of patent applications
- Collaborate with inventors
- Prepare formal documents for filing
- Analyze and prepare responses to Patent Office communications
- Docket and keep files
- Litigation support
- Prospective candidates must have completed their first year in law school with strong writing and academic performance.
- Candidates must possess the basic skills and technical qualifications (e.g., a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Science) required to become a Patent Attorney.
- Technical work experience is highly valued, especially industry experience in designing, developing, and testing.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of all levels and ability to function in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to think outside of the box, determine solutions, make sound judgments and carry out actions in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.