Engineering and Design
Applications Engineer (m/f/x)
Define and document interface between SRAM products and customer’s bicycle frames and other components. Develop strong relationships with engineering staff at bicycle OEMs globally to stay current on newest bicycle design trends, especially in the areas of kinematics and component interfaces. Shape emerging standards to make bikes better.
- Build and maintain relationships with engineers and frame designers at bicycle OEMs.
- Work closely with engineers and frame designers at bicycle OEMs to ensure proper adaptation of SRAM frame fit standards
- Responsible for creation of new frame fit standards for SRAM products in close collaboration with SRAM product development and bicycle OEMs.
- Facilitate consolidation and harmonization (where applicable) of both existing and emerging SRAM, customer, and competitor frame fit standards.
- Consult with product management and sales on creation, consolidation and harmonization of frame fit standards.
- Educate internal customers (product management, sales, customer service, dealer service, marketing and communications) on new and existing SRAM frame fit standards and how these should be incorporated into non-technical communication with bicycle OEMs.
- Consult with bicycle OEMs on requests for custom products or integration of frame and SRAM components, especially cockpit integration.
- Educate and consult with bicycle OEMs on how frame design choices effect the performance of SRAM products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years engineering work experience.
- Strong understanding of bicycle frame design including suspension kinematics and component interfaces.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Proficient in English and German.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Ability to travel to North America and Asia approximately four times per year and within the EU an additional four times per year.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.