Assistant Production Supervisor
United States, Indiana, Indianapolis
To directly support the Supervisor role in production and fill in for that position when Supervisors are out for vacation or other extended periods of time. The Assistant Production Supervisor will have the opportunity to be exposed to and learn the skills and responsibilities of the Supervisor position.
- Support Supervisors to initiate and foster a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and cooperation with and between departments/shifts.
- Support Supervisors in building the skills and abilities of the Leads and mentoring them in their position and career goals.
- Step in as acting Supervisor when Production Supervisors are out on vacation/sick/leave/etc. Responsibilities include: Output and performance of the production team
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning team members, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems, and reporting results of the workflow on shift production summaries.
- Assist in prioritization and remove barriers for leads and associates
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs; Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures
- Partner with HR to resolve personnel problems by collecting and analyzing information, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. (required)
- Proficiency in MS office Word, Excel, and SAP. (required)
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a Lean manufacturing and structured problem solving environment.
- Experience driving cultural & process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with an ability to motivate and delegate authority to appropriate team members.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, presentation and written) in a cross functional setting.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.