Engineering and Design
Associate Test Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
SRAM Product Development is seeking a collaborative team player who has a passion for learning and solving challenging problems. Under the supervision of the Test Engineers, the Associate Test Engineer the team as they create and produce our next generation of innovative and exciting bicycle components. This role will be located on the Front Range of the Rockies in our Colorado Springs Development Center.
- Support in the development of new tests, procedures, and test machines.
- Utilize testing to help design engineers improve product performance.
- Apply statistics and reliability to develop test plans to verify and validate designs.
- Analyze test data to identify key features, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes.
- Communicate test status updates for all responsible projects to product development teams.
- Support testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred); or equivalent.
- Professional experience in new product development or product improvement, data analysis, and problem solving.
- Exceptional communication skills, demonstrated teamwork success, and strong mechanical aptitude skills a must.
- Computer programing and technical writing experience a plus.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 2-3 trips per year. *Post COIVD-19 restrictions
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.