Engineering and Design
Associate Test Engineer
As part of a talented team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and others, the Associate Test Engineer will work to deliver new and innovative products to millions of athletes and cycling enthusiasts across the world. Check out the following overview of a recent project, SRAM AXS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XEWOFSifCA
- Support in the development of new tests, procedures, and test machines.
- Utilize testing to help design engineers improve product performance.
- Apply statistics and reliability to develop test plans to verify and validate designs.
- Analyze test data to identify key features, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes.
- Communicate test status updates for all responsible projects to product development teams.
- Support testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred); or equivalent
- Professional experience in new product development or product improvement. Familiarity working with electronics, PCBAs and FW/SW is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of bicycles
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one-week trips per year to locations in the US and Europe) *Post COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date. Due to COVID-19 we are open to negotiating a remote start date and separate relocation date, based on the selected candidate’s situation.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.